The Chesapeake Conservation Corps is designed to provide young adults with a professional experience in the environmental field, develop valuable career skills,
and advance the influx of new leaders working on Chesapeake Bay issues.
Deadline to apply
March 12, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Duration of Corps Member Service
Fulltime 12 month period August 18, 2020 – August 17, 2021
Corps Member’s Responsibilities
1) The Corps Member is expected to work with their Host Organization and the Trust to structure a work plan based on a 40-hour per week Corps Member schedule for the one-year term of service.
2) The Corps Member is expected to participate in five trainings and three project days during the service year to advance knowledge on particular environmental topics, promote team building among the cohort of Corps Members, develop technical skills, and share information about best practices.
3) The Corps Member is expected to submit quarterly status reports to the Chesapeake Bay Trust and a final report at the end of the service term.
4) The Corps Member will be required to attend and present a poster describing their proposed year’s activities at the Chesapeake Watershed Forum in October 2020, at the National Conservation Training Center in Shepherdstown, West Virginia.
5) The Corps Member will be required to participate in all other program components. A calendar of program events and deadlines will be provided to Corps Members at the start of the program year.
The Ward Museum in Salisbury will be a host this year and they would love to have an SU Student!
For more information and how to apply click here.