Location: Grand Teton National Park, Moose, WY
Position: Grand Teton education associate works with park rangers to provide basic visitor services and information by addressing public inquiries via phone and email. The associate conducts programs with youth, kindergarten to college, through both informal and curriculumbased education. The associate will work with youth from diverse background, including low income, English Language Learners (ELL), and underserved audiences. Programs range from park science and history to leadership, civic engagement, career development and stewardship. In addition to school field trips, the associate may assist with after school programs including Young Stewards & Leaders, Latina Leadership Club, snowshoe hikes for the public and other requested programs. Associate leads and assists with improving predesigned, standards based programs and contributes to the design of new field trips. The associate may provide administrative support to program manager that assures effective scheduling and smooth logistics during outreach and on-site programs. The position may also include assisting with content for the park “For Teachers/For Kids” website, distance learning broadcasts, and social media outreach.
Qualifications/ Requirements: Experience and coursework in education or youth development; proficiency with social media; oral and written communication skills; interest in learning and translating science and history to a variety of audiences; ability to create and present engaging education programs and content using industry standards for interpretation and teaching; federal background investigation, advanced Spanish speaking and writing skills highly preferable due to the number of ELL students served.
- Paid by the Grand Teton Association
- Shared government housing available in Moose, WY
- Personal vehicle is required due to the remoteness of the area and lack of public transportation
- Full time, seasonal position starting in December as late as May, paid hourly
- Opportunities to take leave, particularly around holidays, may be limited as associate are hired to help cover winter furloughs and other similar operational demands, in addition to education duties.
Send resumes to Megan Kohli, Branch Chief, email@example.com